Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Let's fall in love again...

My dear friend Sue sent me this little piece of paper one day in the post and it said:
Let us fall in love again and scatter gold dust all over the world.  Let us become a new spring and feel the breeze drift in a heavens’ scent.  Let us dress the earth in green, and like the sap of a young tree, let the grace from within sustain us.  Let us carve gems out of our stony hearts and let them light our path to Love.  The glance of Love is crystal clear and we are blessed by its light. (Rumi)
I am putting this on this blog for two reasons:

1) I wanted to be reminded of how something so small like posting a lovely quote to a friend can lift someone’s day.

2) Because this quote speaks of our capacity as human beings to fall in love again and again and again.  It’s fascinating to me that we are capable of this, and I experience this a lot of the time.  My capacity to be unreasonably joyful and to feel a love that is far bigger than I am is growing which is a joy.  There are moments when I stop in the street overwhelmed by how much I love one of my family members, colleagues, my boyfriend or one of my friends.  It’s a curious thing because it can happen at the most odd of times, in the most unexpected places and it’s a total joy.

I am so thankful that being human brings this experience, and I am so grateful that there are fellow human beings that inspire this particular feeling in me.  Thank you to all of you lovely humans who have given me this experience of love, just by being who you are – and I am so grateful that I can wander along the street feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment