Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I do not know what anything is for.

In this last week I have been experiencing a newly emerging gentleness that is dancing around as the edges of me.  A blurring of the line between me and the rest of the world.  It's like the boundary of my skin has become more like a duck down duvet rather than a definite, sharp ending.  The world feels closer in and I feel more vulnerable, more penetrable and softer.



It's like I can see things and feel things in a way that is no longer definite.  I feel I no longer know anything for sure, like the hugest curiosity about people, life, nature and objects has been poured over me and all definition has been washed away - to reveal the technicolour mystery of the most inanimate objects.

Things like sound, air travel, water, the body, glass, trees, flowers, wood have become infinitely interesting to me.  The fact that we talk to each other and then things happen between us or because of a conversation is a revelation.  How food gets converted to waste in my body is mind boggling.  Laughter is a deep and earth shattering thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment