Monday, December 30, 2013

Power comes from timing, not agression.

Hello everyone, I am writing from a wonderfully sunny Cornwall where we've had very rainy and windy weather forecasts and yet the winter sun continues to shine.  And this morning I went to pick Matthew, my boyfriend, up from a golf lesson he was having and caught the end of the wisdom being spoken by his teacher.

When I got there he said the words "Matthew, power comes from timing, not aggression"..... So, Matthew is a rugby player and used to play to a very high standard which means golf is a certain kind of challenge for him, where he has to relax and use the geometry and wisdom of his body rather than his physicality.  And it's taking a while for this to sink in, it's taking a while for him to trust.


And the universe organised itself today so that I got to hear this line being spoken.  For ages now I have been considering the question of timing but had never put it next to 'aggression' in this way.  I have been enquiring in to how we can speak up at the moment when our words can be most effective.  What if we acted when our actions were most likely to produce the outcomes that are intended.  Golf is my spiritual teacher in so many ways.  So this was today's lesson spoken loud and clear to me.

When we get to grips with timing, with knowing when to act, when to speak, how to artfully interrupt the life happening around us with our own input, this can be a huge opening where all sorts of possibilities open up.  This idea calls into question our habitual way of being - maybe we deal with challenges the same way each time they arise, and maybe we end up in the same kind of trouble again and again - and maybe this is purely a matter of timing?

No comments:

Post a Comment