Monday, December 16, 2013

This moment is not a stepping stone to somewhere else.

This very moment is it. And so much of the time we're preparing for something, getting ready for some future reality that we're working on so that everything will be as it should be. We skip this moment because there's some future moment that will be our ultimate fulfillment. 






So rarely do we remember that THIS IS IT. There is nothing else, this is what we've been preparing for, our lives have been aimed at this moment, this very spot in history that holds us in its hands.

For me this moment is sitting alone in my cottage, with the TV on in the background, the WWF (world wrestling foundation!) duvet from when my brother was little, resting on my lap and tap tap tapping away on my laptop as I let this moment in. My skin feels gentle as I let it seep in to me and try my best to accept that this ordinariness, this nothingness, this small moment is IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment