Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Put Your Heart into it.

It's 2.45pm and this day has already seen so many feelings and thoughts from me: life today has included difficulty, confusion, sadness, happiness, laughter, the mundane, the ordinary, beauty, quiet, dancing, singing, mischief.  Life is interesting right now because it seems that so many transitions are happening, and yet so many things are staying the same.  And what I'm interested in is looking at my relationship to it all.  It feels like so much of life is unfolding each day, life is filled to the brim.

I was at Findhorn this last weekend in Scotland (www.findhorn.org) - and if you haven't been, you probably should go because it's so beautiful, peaceful, fun, inspiring, affirming, comforting and healing.  

One of the insights I had about myself was to do with my perpetual tendency towards dissatisfaction and how this feeling is directly related to my capacity to receive.  I saw clearly for the first time that when I forget to consciously align myself with my receiving nature, when I forget to accept, to see what or who is here for me, I feel dissatisfied.  No wonder these two things go hand in hand - the less we are present to what's here, the more dissatisfying life feels.  I had not linked this fully together before now and it felt like a big lesson for me.  One where I now feel empowered around my dissatisfaction.  Those are the realisations that mean something to me - the ones where I end up feeling empowered around an experience of life where I feel I am stuck or it's always going to be the same.  

I guess that's why this note is called 'Put your Heart into it.' In order for me to truly see, feel and experience how giving life itself is, I have to be in receiving mode, I have to be in my heart.  I have to include my heart's perception in my practise, I have to relate to life with my heart - I have to remember my heart when I'm feeling the world, feeling life.  

Today I came back to centre when I saw the difficulty through the perception of my heart instead of my analytical, future focused mind.  The way I came back to centre was to dance, to sing and to move my body around.  I felt life flowing through me and I could feel its goodness once more, it's vibrancy.  And from there I moved.  From there I wrote this.  From there I made the phone calls I needed to make so that I could explore more of my calling through putting myself out there, making myself available.  From there I connected with Matthew, my boyfriend.  From there I made us a sandwich for lunch.  From there I ordered some envelopes on Amazon! 

What a difference 'putting my heart in it' has made on this most ordinary of days. 

What does it take to get you to see from your heart's perspective ? What encourages you, invites you into experiencing life with your heart ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment