Sunday, January 12, 2014

Let today melt me.

Today I went into Richmond Park and here in London it's a frosty day so all the grass was covered in white and puddles were frozen over.  There was a particularly big puddle near to the stream where I ran which was entirely frozen over, and the sun was rising higher and higher which meant that the top layer of ice was becoming watery and you could see it would start to crack open in an hour or so.

While running, I had been thinking about the shadow from my last blog and how there needs to be such a big willingness for me to admit some of the things that reside in the shadow of me.

And this is when I was hit by the melting metaphor.  Today the puddle pond showed me that that in so many ways my world is trying to melt away my defenses,  my attachments, my strongly held opinions so that I may be open to admit the truth, open to sharing things that feel shameful or embarassing.  I can feel the melting happening and as I was surrounded by all the Sunday morning runners, cyclists, walkers in the park, I remembered just how fixed so many of us are.  And how it takes a lot to melt us into vulnerability.

My intention for the day today is for it to melt me, soften me so that I am vulnerable, soft and receptive to the light and the darkness and that I favour them both equally as rich and important parts of this experience we call being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment