Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A jug fills....

I have been watching the part of my mind that wants things to be done already, that wants life to be completed somehow. I think it's the 'arrived' feeling that I deeply want to experience that I project out into the world, thinking the world is going to do it for me.

This Buddha quote is so simple, and yet there's so much truth in the fact that we only really get anywhere by taking one small step after the other in the direction that our heart tells us is the way to go. 



Sometimes the small steps don't feel like they're big enough, good enough or significant enough, but the more and more I look around, the most successful people, the most fulfilled people have taken millions of tiny steps and a few big ones. But most of them are small ones that end up being strung together to make a life, to fulfill a dream.

Here's to our small steps and the path we carve by putting one foot in front of the other in the direction of our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment