Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rewriting the fear story.

Today I gladly, gently, patiently and kindly rewrite each sentence of fearful thought that forms in my mind. I see my fearful thoughts for what they are and release them into the wind that continuously blows and carries things on the currents of life.

I'm getting close to my fear thoughts and seeing how much of my monkey mind (a phrase borrowed from my 6 year old niece!) they dominate when I get future addicted. I have declared a commitment to practising the exchange of fear thoughts with love thoughts to see what happens. And my wish is that I consciously choose, as fear is being presented to me, another way that feels life affirming, real, free and alive.

What I notice about fearful thinking: I feel pain in my chest, I want to blame, I start to catastrophise, I start to think that what I think is 'true', I feel righteous, I feel defensive, I feel aggressive (hard for me to admit that one as it's pretty shameful for me to say), I feel powerless, helpless and very small. 



What I notice about loving thinking (by this I mean that the thoughts I have are filled with faith, trust, hope, possibility and acceptance): I feel hopeful, I feel grateful, I feel planted, my body is gentler, my gaze is softer, I experience an openness that's willing to enquire, I see that I don't actually know much at all about life, and I'm filled with a mystery rather than a dread.

Here's an example of my re-write today:

Fearful thinking: I won't earn a good living doing what I love so I'll have to do something I don't really like to make money.

Loving thinking: As I humbly put one foot in front of the other, following my heart, the way opens up for me and I am guided and held, as I let my light shine. I'm rewarded handsomely for my contributions.

See if you can do a fear to love rewrite to share with us in the comments. Go on -I'd so love to see yours now I've told you mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment